Mar 15, 2006

Sling

I got my new sling today!!! I'm super excited about it, and it really feels so much better carrying him in it then the backpack thingy. I walked for 75 minutes today with him in there and my shoulders don't feel sore as of yet. I found this one on e bay...the ones I saw at the online stores were rather pricey so I'm happy with my purchase. Always fun to get a bargain.
I also found it kind of interesting that this sling is almost exactly like what the Tarahumara women use to carry their babies...their strips of material only lack the metal rings. Hmmm....and modern man thinks he's so smart. The indian ladies have been carrying their babies like this forever...back to the basics.

2 comments:

MOM said...

My thoughts exactly!! I just gifted Nacho's wife,Juana, a rebolso that looks almost identical -just no metal rings; they tie theirs in a knot to keep them on! And of course, have to fray the edges...If you had a scarf on I may think you were a Tarahumara Indian. Your style is really cute. I may try it for myself -minus the sling for now.

aubrey payne said...

hey, arn't you just the cutes thing...very Bohemian of you...i love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...