Oct 21, 2006

The Spooky Vaccum

I never thought of my trusty Dirt Devil as scary until Brayden became terrified yesterday during one of my cleaning sprees.
Brady was casually playing with some tupperware, so says I "This would be a great opportunity to get up some dust in the corners." I went to the laundry room to grab Ol' Dirt Devil himself and brought him into the living room. I noticed Brayden watching warily(sp?)
As I turned on the power I heard a squeal and felt a twenty lb jolt against my legs. Brayden was clinging to me as tight as possible, backing away from the vaccum. "Brady, it's okay. Mr Vaccum is our friends...he cleans up dust" I reassured the poor boy. Did no good. He wasn't having it.
I went to go unplug D.D. but Brayden wouldn't let me go. He hung on to my leg the entire time until the vaccum cleaner was back in its place. I tried just leaving him alone with the vaccum cleaner in the living room, but he kept suspiciously looking over his shoulder...as if it were following his every move. So, I guess from now on I'll have to save that chore for nap time only.

4 comments:

MOM said...

Oh, my poor grandson! The lessons in life and hurdles we must leap as we learn. Before long he'll want that thing going constantly with him behind pushing pretending it to be a firetruck:-)

kate said...

good story and picture progression -- i felt like i was there watching the drama unfold :-)
the leg-clinging picture is especially descriptive -- he looks so woebegone!

aubrey payne said...

haha! iam so sorry...but thats pretty funny... i totally empathize, though. I never really like vacuums either...they are very, very LOUD and look a bit supicious too! do you remember when i did an experiment for biology about how different kids react around vacuum noise. i think we were freshman in highschool. fun stuff

Rockin' Robin said...

Lolly Belle Rose totally agrees with YOU Brady! Be careful...those nasty DD's have been known to eat blankies and doggie bones!

Smooches, Sweet Boy,

Auntie Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...