Sep 14, 2008

I Promise Kid Pictures Are Coming...


We just enjoyed a lovely visit from my brother Micah and his wife Lesley(gosh i hope I spelled her name right!) Basically we just had to kind of lay around and visit because my kids had some weird allergy thing going on plus Trin had a fever from teething. Originally Zac and I were going to spend the night at my parent's house (where Micah was staying) but after Trin fighting sleep until 3 in the morning and Brady having nightmares on and off, we loaded the kid's up and took them home. We got home around 4 am...Zac and I VERY tired because he had to leave at 6:30 to coach a soccer tournament and the kid's still got up at 7. But, the day turned out just fine. I just kept praying to the Lord when I would wake up in the night, asking him for strength and energy for the day to come...I have learned that my strength is not sufficient(one incredible thing about having children is that you finally see ALL of your weakness, ones that were at one time easy to ignore.). Sure enough I felt absolutely normal all day until the kid's went to bed that night...then I could tell I was exhausted. But it was just so sweet relying on Jesus, seeing first hand where I am weak and where he is strong. Having joy in the mist of trials and Him holding me close and loving me and taking care of my family.
A verse that I like in Psalm 146:8b,c says "The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly. " What a precious promise that when I FEEL as if there is just too much stress in my life, or emotions that I can't handle or circumstances that seem out of my reach to correct, Jesus is there. And then what a challenge to live the life He wants me to live, a godly life, even during those difficult circumstances. Not just saying "no" to bad movies or using clean language or staying away from temptation...but BEING godly on a daily basis in every area of my life. Smiling at the store clerk even when she is taking 20 minutes to scan 5 items. Telling my little boy "it's okay, it was just an accident" when he spills something at the table instead of making him feel dumb because he made a mistake. Loving my husband in every way by serving his every need...not because I can do this in my self but because Jesus is love I can love Zac. What a huge challenge to be godly and what an incredible experience when there is victory.
So enough with my rambling. There are dishes to be washed and clothes to be folded, a baby to be held and a tummy to be tickled. I also need to upload some pics of the kids since I know that's what grandparents REALLY want to see when they visit my blog. :)

6 comments:

Toplovs said...

It's nice to see pictures of you too.

Laura said...

Hey Alyssa - I can't remember if I said this before, but I really enjoyed catching up with you at Kate's wedding - it was good to see you again, and see you as a mommy! I remember when we met up in El Paso a while ago, there was no time to talk, so I was glad to have some chat time!

Grammy said...

Well, it's true we grandparents DO love to see pics of the kids, but I love seeing pictures of you and Zac too; and I especially love reading what's on your heart.

Love, love, love you!

Rockin' Robin said...

Thanks for the reminder! I needed it today of all days because I start 5th grade play rehearsals for two weeks and I got a cold yesterday which made me cough my stupid head off all afternoon to where I hardly have any voice today and my chest feels like a balloon and...well, it was just good to be reminded that it is not dependant upon MY strength! Praise the Lord!

Lesley said...

i can appreciate you blog for more than the pictures of your kids lol though they are adorable and yes you spelled my name correctly...

MOM said...

That is way too cool! I used my life verse, PHIL 4:13 when asked to share at a moment's notice...It is God who strengthenth(s) me to dao all that He has called me to do...whether it be mommy, GranJan, Mainlaw, missionary, etc. I love you tons and appreciate your heart felt shared blogs.
Oh, by the way; dinner was yummy. Thanks you for being so sensitive to other's needs and not just your own although you are a very busy woman of God.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...