Oct 27, 2008

What We've Been Up To

The days are growing colder and with that....my creative *outdoor entertaining ideas* for the kids. Thankfully I DO have a porch though so I can still bundle them up and let them go out and play. The afternoons have been pretty nice though, ecspecially when you find a warm sunny spot to sit. I love watching the leaves dance, the birds busily reinforcing their nests for the cold winter soon to come.
Brayden has been in a *fix it* stage. He also has begun to pretend which has provided me MANY good laughs. I wish I could think of some to share with you but at the moment my brain is pretty foggy....
My project last week was to paint our old desk. We bought it at a thrift store 3 years ago and I just now decided to go ahead and paint it and peel the thin layer of wood off of it. It was quite a chore doing this on one of Zac's 48 hour shifts. I had to paint it after the kids had gone to bed so I sat in the living room with a sheet spread out, painting away as I watched HGTV. It was very rewarding.
Here is the finished project...I really like it even if the new paint is kind of chipping. :(








Here's Trini hanging on for dear life...






Sunshine princess.










2 comments:

The Toplovs said...

Oh my goodness....I just want to grab Trin and squeeze her so tight. She is so darn cute! I suppose I feel that way since I have a girl and love her to death.

The desk turned out great. I'm a big fan of dark colored woods, especially the expresso finish. Way to be creative.

Is that Zac up and walking after surgery or was it before surgery? Hope all is well on your homefront.

Anonymous said...

I think your desk turned out great! Things like that make me feel so accomplished :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...