Mar 22, 2010

Rearranging = Mini Makeover

So the little squirrel is getting bigger and her room should reflect it....
The changing table came out and off to Kidz Planet (local consignment shop)...then her dresser was moved...

then her little table and chairs.....notice I still need to find the perfect *somethings* for her shelf...



I love this little nook.



then there's my big boy (Can you believe he turns five this year?!)




his room is a mess...meaning thrown together things that i try to make look nice. i got the idea to lay this shelf on it's side and , yahooo000, it works nicely that way and looks less "cluttered" then what was there before.





We found this bedspread at target for a super great price and I thought it was funny that Brady wanted red over blues or greens...always a mystery child...





And then this has been my latest project. I started it the other day and had the top all done in one afternoon...then got sidetracked and just NOW finished it. The back is the "envelope style" which i have never done. it turned out pretty well so I'm feeling quite accomplished. This is called the Scrapbuster and there's an easy peasy tutorial here. It's so neat finding something to use up all those scraps of fabric lying around.








I used some old flour sack material that my great grandma gave me awhile ago for the back of the pillow case. Isn't it springy?







3 comments:

emulatingErin said...

I love love love your pillow! I really should put some time into creating some things like this because they're so cute, and it's so much more meaningful than buying it at a store. Thanks for the pics!

i cant decide said...

I love rearranging the house. It's so fun when it comes together better than you expected. Your pillow is cute!

Toplovs said...

I also love that pillow! It would work so well in pretty much any space with all the great colors! If you lived near, I'd have you create some living room cushions for me.

I'm in the mood to re-arrage as well and I've already gone through Jaida's summer clothes from last year to see which ones I can force on her this year. :)


How I love (and Jaida even more) Trin's little kitchen. We're looking into that right now.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...