Apr 8, 2010

Growing Up


"While we try to teach our children all about life,our children teach us what life is all about"
Angela Schwindt
A rainy Thursday (because of yesterday I keep thinking that TODAY is Friday) - lots to be done but nothing really "getting done." I did make a nice soup for lunch....isn't soup just the homiest meal on a drizzly day? Brady helped me chop carrots...yes, with a knife, and then he and I did a little math while the soup was simmering. Just recently it has dawned on me that "oh yah, he's almost preschool age." Since my dream is to home school I haven't been too concerned except that I am wanting to start basic addition and he's learning how to read...he already knows shapes and colors and he's learning to write - I really don't know what else preschoolers learn.
Zac and I were sitting in the living room talking when I looked down at Tristan and he was crawling! Can I just say that tears instantly sprung into my eyes...my baby is growing up...time to have another. It's funny how you love all of your children so differently. Brady is my love, Trin my beauty...Tristan my cuddles. So far with each one I have learned more and more just HOW precious they are and what dear sweet gifts Heavenly Father has entrusted me with. I feel honored....I want more. Greedy? Maybe a tad. But really, life is just so full when you have littles that look up to you, that totally trust you, that learn from you. To be honest....I think I'm the one that's learning.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I know what you mean. The "sad" thing is they grow up one day. There comes a day where there are no more littles in the house. However,I enjoy my Big 'uns, too!

I like your hair. How much did you get cut off?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...