Apr 28, 2010

What Our Day Brought

Hmmmm....what's about to take place here - Zac's looking intense. I'll let you know what's about to go down - a major overhaul. Only a 75 dollar overhaul - but MAJOR just the same. Yes, yes....I know...the wood is lovely. Lovely for a rocking chair...or maybe a dresser - but no longer for 1/4 of the wall space in our small living room. I need change...I need light....I need updatedness....
Goodbye filth....ye old blanket of dust and dander...ye old grime filled sponge of 30 years - we hate you. Good riddance.
We have been trying to decide what to do with our carpet in the living room - the only place in the house WITH carpet...right in the entry way. Underneath is hardwood but the wood is totally different then the adjoining room and wouldn't "flow" well if we left it uncovered. So, after pricing several options at good ol' Lowes...we decided on berber but didn't order it just because we are pretty much, well....tight fisted. Our living room measures 11.5 X 14 square feet so we didn't need a very large piece...but still probably a 200 hundred dollar fix IF we paid for installation.
Zac went to work last night and was asking his lieutenant if he knew a good place to get carpet...sure he did. He just so happened to have a small piece of berber left in his attic from when he had recently built his home and said we could just have it...he wasn't sure what the measurements were. This morning after Zac got home his friend/co worker called and said the piece was 12X14 ... an exact match. Zac went and got it and it's EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you Jesus...the smile is still on my face. Needless to say....we will be learning the "laying down carpet" trade so that this little update can be kept for free. So ....
Cost of carpet : 100 dollars
Cost of installation : 99 bucks
God working everything out for his children : Priceless.



Chef Brady found a new love today - painting. He will never be the same. Zac allowed Brady to roll on some paint and the little guy did VERY well. Turns out painting is a good pastime/chore for the intense type personalities - very soothing. The reveal will be coming soon to a blog near you...there is still a little work to be done.

We don't just have one big helper in our house...seems like a little squirrel tried her hand at putting away the clean dishes for mama this afternoon....how precious. Anytime I start a new chore Trin is always there beside me with her " can I help too?" Bless her sensitive helping heart.



Thanks Aunt Rach for my new shirt....fits my personality perfectly...





And with that...this post is coming to an end. I felt rich today watching Zac make my space a little more lovely....watching him care about what matters to me made me feel truly loved. I am blessed....




And very rich!!!! Lookie here at all of the fresh milk I got at Farmer Tom's yesterday. The kids got to meet the milk man for themselves and were smitten right off - and he with them. He actually picked Trinity up and led us all to the room where the cows were being milked! It was such a neat experience and a great learning opportunity for the kids. And gosh - did you know one cow gives 10 gallons at milking?!!!! I now understand why families use to need just one good milk cow.... talk about butter and cheese! Happy Wednesday folks....






1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love your collage of pics at the top of the page...however, I absolutely loved the pic of you and the kids in the kitchen with the sun shining in. that one should be blown up to large size and placed on your mantle...a perfect picture!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...