Jul 20, 2010

Back for a Bit

This photo is a reflection of the joy Brady felt when told that we would be heading out this upcoming Sunday on a week and a half vacation to sunny Florida. He is stoked about seeing his Grammy and Granddaddy and getting to see the ocean...although he's asked a couple of times if there will be sharks anywhere around. It's funny to sense the little crazy spirit in him that is scared of the possibility of seeing alligators...yet so curious and WISHING it will happen.
I should be in bed right now but after much reflection over the last couple of weeks...I've decided that I NEED my blog. For one...it's a way that I can look back at my day and have evidence that I did do something other than the laundry. AND, if all I did was the laundry...when I see it in pictures it feels like a small victory. I also need the accountability of being productive.... being creative for myself and with my kids...I need projects. Also...I'm a deep thinker and if I can't write down a few thoughts here and there then I feel like I might spontaneously combust or something. So...all that to say...I'm back. Well, at least for a week until I head off for mosquitoes and sunburn time.

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Blogging has so many wonderful perks! Glad you're back!

kate fried said...

i'm also glad you're back! it felt like an empty black hole where your blogging voice should have been.
i missed you.
and i'm glad you've recognized that you need it for YOU.

Grammy said...

YAY! I'm glad you're back and we're STOKED about you coming to FL too!!

MOM said...

And he did see an alligator! You guys took some great pictures. It was like I was almost there with ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...