Mar 29, 2011

For Sale....

I've been doing what I'm best at....decluttering. Seriously though...where does it all come from? I get rid of a bag a week - it's always my goal. Everytime I go through the house cleaning, ANYTHING I find that isn't used on a weekly basis or that doesn't fit quite right, or that I don't ABSOLUTELY love...get's tossed. This has made living in a smaller place much easier. It's funny because last week for a Bible study I was suppose to ask zac what I do that makes him feel loved...he cracked me up by saying "you keep the house organized so I don't go crazy." Ha ha...him and me both.
Ecspecially when you are getting a house ready to sell it's SO important to clean out every spot...allowing the buyer to actually view the space instead of your personal possessions. This picture above is off our office space (this is "pre-clutter" clearing) that I just wanted to show family that has seen our house but never the back room turned into an office. Brady also sleeps back here on a fold out mattress that we have to lay down and make up every night. Can I just say that I am SOOO ready for my sweet little boy to have his very own space? I have so many ideas of how to decorate it and how to set it up so that he will have a nice area to play and imagine....a little desk for his computer and shelves for books on *intellectual* subjects. :) Brady is currently into reading nutrition labels on ALL of our food - it's so funny to hear him say "oh my gosh, this has WAY to many calories."
Here's the living room space and dining room...children do NOT come with the house even though Zac and I teased Trinity yesterday that we were going to sell her too. Brady freaked out (don't worry, we explained it was a joke) but Trinity being such a social butterfly just wanted to know what the names of the people in her new family would be. Nice to know how very attatched to us she is.
All in all, it has been a very busy yet productive week for the Corley family. We basically got the house *in shape * all week...Zac and I successfully wore ourselves out. But, I'm pleased to announce that today there is a sign in the yard and a lock box on my front door. Our realtor constantly calls our house charming and "a little doll house" and loves it. He says it is turn key - unfortunately houses the size of our home are selling for much less then we need to sell our house for with all of the foreclosures. BUT, like our realtor (Matt) says...and I totally agree....all of those houses are so very ugly and not updated at all. Seriously...they look horrible. So, please remember to pray for a buyer for us - we know God will bring one along when it is time - but this waiting game is getting pretty exasperating. Hmmmm...I know,I know....once again my *trusting* issue is coming into play.
Anyways, we're feeling pretty accomplished with getting the house fixed up and officially listed, Brady's first appointment done, Zac is flying out on Saturday for his week long stay in Denver...I'm on my way to being 36 weeks - things are definitely moving along. My list of *things to be done* is gradually becoming smaller. EXCEPT, I did realize that I still need a baby book for Finn, a neautral diaper bag (man friendly), and a baby blankie. Yikes. I was seriously freaking out the other night because I realized that I have totally forgotten to get him a baby book and that I would go into labor early and have nothing to get his little footprints on. I'll be taking care of this issue TODAY.
These last pictures are just to show off some of my favorite "newness." I cleared more space out in our bedroom and I love the way it turned out. I LOVE light greens and light blues mixed with chocolate brown - I think I always have but it is by far my most favorite color combination...so very calming. Calm = Neccessity in my life right now.
And last but not least...we have officially re done our bathroom. The pink sink is no longer...
Zac worked two long days(sometimes Brady helped) and I have decided that my hubby is definitely a true handyman...
I mean - just lookie here! Isn't it lovely? We used the left over butcher block from our kitchen to make a new vanity top, and just chose a simple white basin sink and then we used glass tiles for the border. I LOVE those tiles and they were so easy to install...I like the fact I can now envision things, ask Zac to bring them to pass, and he can do it.

This week is basically just going to be full of errands and family time and getting things ready for Zac's trip. Brady has his second appointment (his first one on on with Dr McGee) this upcoming Thursday and I have tons of personality questionaires to fill out.

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday...once again I'm sorry for the rather long and crazy post.

4 comments:

Toplovs said...

The bathroom looks amazing!!! I made a comment on a picture Zac had posted on FB of the new sink. I suggested he tell you to get a small green plant (with a cute looking pot) and put that in one corner of the sink area. Looks like you've already done a great job of making it cozy and attractive. The whole house looks great and SO clean!!!! Oh and I like your flat screen up on the wall. :) What a blessing that Zac is able to do all these home renos and you don't have to pay the exhorbitant cost of labor. After reading your post and seeing how spic and span your place looks, I'm kind of in the mood to declutter and deep clean. :)

MOM said...

The house is beautiful!!! I will be praying for a single to want it or just the right couple. You guys are amazing!!!! Dad and I are so impressed and PROUD of you two. You know how we feel about your littles:-) The are beautiful too-refelctions of the parents.

Madeline said...

Wow! Your house looks so cute! Really!! Hope you find a buyer soon.

Lesley said...

Please Don't apologize for the post. I love reading about your family. The house looks so great, reminds me how I need to get rid of things. Live you guys and I'll be praying for all the upcoming things

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...