Aug 30, 2012

The End of August.....

It's late summer (at least I'd like to HOPE it's late summer with this crazy heat wave....I thought Colorado was suppose to be COLD?!) and the flowers are still blooming...little purple bells and bright pink roses lining our backyard fence.
And under a canopy of blue sky and green leaves.....
little bugs come out to spy on the dance,
music is playing, soft ballet music coming from up in a tree (organic i phone dock?)...
...partners are selected, feet are bared for skipping and prancing and twirling in green grass...
...the twirling commences and high kicks and arms in the air, plaid fabric and sun kissed arms swinging...blonde hair tossing and giggles soaring to the sky, delighting God and birds and one certain mama...
It's one of the last dances of summer...of this August
And then, a refreshing snack fit for kings and queens, princess and princes and paupers and the middle class and robins and chipmunks...and just about everyone ....
But especially for one certain lip stained squirrel - the last of the cherries.
I'm hoping for some cooler weather soon - the morning are delightful but the afternoons rather challenging as I walk to the school to get Brady with all the kids in tow...walking behind me - we look like a gaggle of geese to be sure. :)
This last week has brought me many blessings just when I was feeling alone, and I praise God and His goodness and His provision. I'll see you all in September.....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Couldn't find you on facebook, but just wanted to drop by and say I miss your posts. They always show a little bit of beauty no matter what the content. Hope everyone is well....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...