Aug 25, 2008

Finished Room

Well, I have finally completed Brady's room after a year of combining everything I've found and trying to make it looks like it matches! This is the view from the doorway as you walk into his room...I have the curtains lined finally!
Here's a picture of his little bed (consignment shop) with the quilt that my mom made when he was born. Hanging on the wall is Jasper....my rabbit that my grandma Toole gave me. It was my papa Toole's favorite rabbit that she made and I told her when I was little that if she ever died the only thing I REALLY wanted was Jasper. So...a couple years ago she gave it to me. It;s fun having things that bring back good memories from childhood. The shelves in Brady's room were made by a close family friend, Lori. She is very gifted...she can do carpentry, sing, paint gorgeously! The hot air balloon painting I got at Hobby Lobby when I was expecting Brady and Zac found the tin air ballon (hanging next to the painting) at a Goodwill store.

Here's another nook...with the cradle my Papa John made for Brady and another shelf by Lori. The little sign under the shelf says "Thank God for Little Boys"...another thing I got while expecting the Bradster.


And here is a project that I'm very proud of. These are photos of my family (parents and grandparent) when they were all babies. Anyways, I like the way his room came together. I like that it is little boyish without the traditional "sports" theme.



4 comments:

MOM said...

Total fun! You are so creative...and sentimental. The room is darling...and has a nice little boy flavor. Godd job!

MOM said...

GOOD JOB! (whoops)

Grammy said...

Good job, Sweetie. Very homey and comforting.

The Toplovs said...

You've done a nice job to make the room both be practical and still hold sentimental value (pictures and special momentos). Where does Trin sleep? I though they shared a room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...