Oct 17, 2008

A True Home



"A roof to keep out the rain. Four walls to keep out the wind. Floors to keep out the cold. Yes, but home is more then that. It is the laugh of a baby, the song of a mother, the strength of a father. Warmth of loving hearts, lights from happy eyes, kindness, loyalty, comradeship. Home is first school...for the young ones where they learn what is right, what is good, and what is kind. Where they go for comfort when they are hurt or sick. Where joy is shared and sorrow eased. Where fathers and mothers are respected and loved. Where children are wanted. Where the simplest food is good enough for kings because it is earned. Where money is not so important as loving-kindness. Where even the teakettle sings from happiness. That is home. "

- Ernestine Schumann-Heink

What a treasure I found. I bought a box of Celestial tea at Big Lots the other day and last night while I was waiting for the teakettle I saw this quote on the box.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Way TOO COOL! I thought that was appropraite especially after a special morning with just you and the children. Thanks for sharingsuch intimate thoughts with your readers. Your heart is sincere and God jnows; so are your ways with your family. I love you.

MOM said...

Whoops 'knows'; I need spell check onthis site!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...