Jan 12, 2009

Projects and Loading Up at Hobby Lobby

Yesterday turned out to be very productive...I washed all of Trin's bedding including bumper pad (ergggggg), I made peanut butter cookies with a recipe that called for applesauce to make them more moist, I sewed two pairs of pajama pants, I almost finished embroidering a Christmas ornament, and I made two stuffed birds for a mobile for Trin's room!
Here's a pictures of Brady's flannel pants...the white leg has little bugs on it that are green and blue...that side is made from an old stained receiving blanket of his, and then the other side is just green flannel. I didn't have enough of just one fabric...that why he looks a little *Court Jesterly.* He loves them though and he loves them ECSPECIALLY because they were sewn on the super cool sewing machine with all the lights and buttons. Honestly...you'd think my sewing machine was a cadillac the way the kids are enamored with it.

Today I went to Hobby Lobby just to get some wood beads and a plastic flower (I know you're super curious as to what that's for...when I make it you'll see) and came across their 90% off Christmas sale. Run to Hobby Lobby...all of you. I got everything you see on the table, a 80.29 cent value for a little less then 10 dollars. I've been wanting stocking hangers forever but haven't wanted to pay full price. Most of them were $9.99 which came to .99 apiece! The tin Christmas baskets are normally 7.99 and I got those for .80! It was funny because when I bought the stocking holders I originally only had 4 in my cart and then realized that the Christmas coming up we'll have 5 in our family! Anyways, I'm elated with my purchases and am happy there won't be anymore nail holes in the wall .






5 comments:

Grammy said...

I LOVE that snomen one! Are there more like that? Dad and I got several snomen things to decorate with this year and I think that's going to be a theme or ours for the next few years. I'd love to get a couple of those snowmen hangers. I'd better check to see if they have them at our Hobby Lobby!

Rockin' Robin said...

What a face Trin has on!!! Cutie pie!

Lindsay said...

Your kids are so cute! And you are a super mom! Peanut butter cookies, laundry & sewing?? wow! I'm impressed. Also, because I can't sew, and the fact that you actually MADE something is amazing to me. You rock!!!

MOM said...

What a deal! I love them all. And the pants look great on Brady. You are so creative.

Toplovs said...

I simply don't know how you manage to get so much done in one day! If I did all you did I'd be in bed right after putting Jaida to bed and I think it would take me a day or two of just sleeping to feel normal again. :)

I'd love to learn to sew, but I don't think I'd ever be as dedicated or creative as you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...