Jan 4, 2010

Quick Thought from Fearlessly Feminine

Yesterday I was finishing up the chapter on mothering and one thing that was mentioned really helped me with the "I feel so guilty that I discipline my kids so much" thought. She was talking about how you should view your child as having a love bank and your task should be filling up that tank as much as possible. Spending quality time with them, praising them when praise is due, laughing and singing....baking cookies....puzzles, crafts, story time. That way, when you have to make a *withdrawal* your relationship is not severed and you can keep going on and loving and your child hasn't been crushed. It's important to never crush your child...to humiliate them...it IS important to think about what kind of an adult you would like them to be (hard working, a good listener, responsible) and to focus on that list instead of the petty things. If kids have to much to live up too and too much criticism they tend to give up or feel like they will never measure up. Anyways, I've heard these thoughts before but it was good to be reminded....more later....
Alyssa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...