Feb 23, 2010

Home

The unreliable housekeeper hasn't shown up for a couple of days....
Leaving me with 3 loads of laundry, a dirty bathroom, a mound of dishes...and then the inevitable *clean off my dresser * chore. Guess I'll have to do everything myself....


Ahhh....much better. :) Who needs a maid?

Funny how dirty things can become after just one day of blissful off time. It's nice knowing that no matter how messy our home gets, the people inside are still the same...and there still can be laughter and fun...warm memories stored in my heart. I'm just able to place them in my heart more easily when things are tidy. :) Have a blessed day friends.



H-O-M-E
If you wanted to gather up all tender memories, all lights and shadows of the heart, all banquetings and reunions, all filial, fraternal, paternal, conjugal affections, and had only four letters with which to spell out the height and depth and length, and breadth and magnitude and eternity of meaning, you would write it all out with these four capital letters:H-O-M-E
T. DeWitt Talmage














4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Alyssa! Thanks for stopping by my blog, your looks familiar, I think I might have been by before, but I'll let you know, for the most part I am a *terrible* commentor!

I saw that you have the Spirit of Loveliness! I am on my 8 millionth trip through that book, and I love it too! I recommend it to everyone!

Your babies are darling, you cracked me up with your description of your sons space suit- ha!

Also noticed in your side bar how much you love Eyes of Wonder, I have been *pouring* over her blog lately, it is such a blessing, and I feel rested and refreshed when I leave. Jewels most definitely has the spirit of loveliness!
Blessings on your week!
Bonnie

Rebecca said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you for commenting on my blog and encouraging me to publish the discipline posts. I was toying with the idea of just emailing the answers to those who asked but then---how would that help anyone? I appreciate your feedback.

I love your sweet blog and beautiful blog header. Oh MY yoy have a gorgeous family!

Have a great day!

Lesley said...

it was great talking to yesterday... and the before and after pictures look great! your little home is so cozy and sweet!

Toplovs said...

A home is a place where kids and mother/father should feel free to throw clean or dirty laundry on the bed; scatter toys; leave the kitchen in a mess. Otherwise, it's really not a home (well, not one lived in anyway). Of course, when I take pictures of our home it is in near perfect condition, but that's about the only time. :)I usually leave cleaning up until the kids are tucked in bed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...