Mar 30, 2010

Granola Revision


I forgot to add flaked coconut to my granola recipe when I posted it! Sorry yall!! It's so much better with coconut, and I also add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds when I have them. Ahhhh...calling myself a "granola mom" makes my heart warm. Did anyone try baking a batch?
I made some more today and it turned out just swell even though I lowered the amount of honey...still delicious with our rice milk. Yes - rice milk. For the last few months we've been using soy milk since I found out that I definitely feel much better when I'm off of dairy. We can't get raw milk ( I'm not sure if that would help me or not) but our WIC provided soy milk for us. Well, I always had this little "nudge" inside everytime I would buy it and now after reading this I definitely won't be bringing any more home - even though it would have been free for us. :( Ahhh, good bye Silk Chocolate, you've been a dear friend. Since we do try to eat a "whole foods" diet...I think rice or almond milk is better for us since I can't find raw milk right now. Boo hooo....I need a cow!

2 comments:

Toplovs said...

I haven't made the granola yet as we had company. I probably would have added those extra ingredients on my own since I LOVE coconut. And I might also add a bit of flax seeds. :)

FrontierDreams said...

I am in love with the picture in your header. I think I need to try that granola recipe... :)
We were drinking soymilk until I had my youngest almost 2 years ago, she can't handle processed soy and I don't think I really can,either.
Keep up the sweet blog!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...