Feb 3, 2011

Simple Service

I was encouraged today by a wonderful friend and her generosity in giving up....time! My usual headache came back this morning and she was at my door at 8 am to watch the kids....it takes her 40 minutes to get to my house. I was overwhelmed by her love for me and was reminded of the verses in the Bible where it tells older women to basically teach younger women how to care for our families, life life and love our husbands. There is no better way to accomplish this than through pure and sweet, simple service. The kind of service that doesn't tell me what I'm doing wrong or say "yah, i went through that too....just the cross you have to bare" or the kind of service that seeks to correct - let's face it....it's hard to come by. She played with my kids and delighted in them....toasted bagels and served up orange juice....washed the dishes and read fairy tales for five hours of her morning. I was able to rest, shower....and just have some much needed company.

I think trin did about 6 puzzles back to back - that girl is obsessed! Brady wasn't doing so well this morning (going on 5 days now of monkey noises, running into walls and just being mean spirited really)....just very out of sorts but Lori handled him with grace which I was very appreciative off - Tristan loved her too. Anyways, all this to say that my prayer is that when my kids are grown, I hope that I will remember the young mothers and seek to encourage them and to serve them...to take meals and to watch babies...to give out *free date nights* to young couples - instead of having the attitude "I already did that once....it's your turn."

6 comments:

Julianna said...

So glad you found some time to yourself today... and some time with someone else. Sometimes the latter is more important than the former! Hope your headaches subside.

Madeline said...

Sorry you're having a rough time. But, what a blessing for you this morning! I'm always so grateful when someone gives of their time to me. It makes a world of difference for a mama with young children, and it definitely gives me inspiration for what to be like when I am past this season of my life.

Grammy said...

PRAISE GOD for Lori!

hayszil73 said...

I had thought about asking if you wanted company last night after church...I knew Zac would be at FD working. But by the time I got out of church and stuff, it was so late. I really want to hang out sometime (Soon)....I would love to come over and learn how to make some homemade banana bread....love that stuff!!! Hope you are feeling better today. Praying for that headache of yours to go away!!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

amen! what a gift to have people so selfless in our lives, ready to just BE THERE for us.

hope you are headache free now!

MOM said...

Iam SOOOO thankful for caring and sincere friends. We love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...