Mar 3, 2011

Pregnancy...errr...Weight Update



I know, I know....my first update in over a week and no kiddie pics -sort of. Finn IS a kid so he does count...if only he were here already and we could see him! I had my 32 week appointment today and all was well. I left the doctor's not feeling well after I learned that I have gained FOUR lbs in 2 weeks...yes indeed....heavy times for Alyssa Spring. I'm not thrilled with my weight gain but really have nothing to blame it on since I've been eating healthily and basically just munch on ice all day long...not a lot of calories there folks. Anyways...my grand total has been 27 lbs which is not good...i still have 8 weeks left. I usually only gain 23 lbs the ENTIRE pregnancy! So...I'm trying to just breathe and not see myself as the size of a trailer..cow...whale...what have you. Body image hasn't been so good here lately but I try to remember the TRUTH about this situation - it is only for a time, pregnancy is beautiful...and all that jazz. Maybe...just maybe...little Finn isn't going to be so little? Yikes.

In other news, Zac and I are going to a soccer tournament this coming Saturday for a night ALONE. Ahh, blessed alone time to eat out at restaurants, drive in total silence (no Bible Kid's Songs blaring), and then getting to really savor my morning coffee. Of course this whole time I will be thinking about my kids, worrying about my kids...and I'll be rushing to get home to see their sweet faces....really. There is this part of me that often wants alone time with Zac and then when I get it all I can think about are my babies back at home - i guess this is a good thing. I'm always nervous about leaving Brady with someone else since he definitely has to be communicated with differently then other kids but at least the FEW people that I would leave him with are "up to date" on his needs and ways. If you think of it though....maybe pray for my kiddos on Saturday that they would be the little angels they KNOW how to be. :) Also, zac and I are going through the *general life stress* at the moment. I'm just getting to the point where the dishes wear me out...we are needing to get the house on the market but desperately want to have everything in tip top shape before the realator comes....meaning we need to spend money - something we hate to do. Our bathroom really needs a makeover as far as the shower goes. There is an abundance of mold in the shower that actually leaks through the tub surround - basically it needs to be ripped out, new walls put in and maybe tiled? So, big projects looming ahead for us...we need help!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Help as in financial help or physical help ripping out and re-building?

Toplovs said...

I wouldn't worry at all about your weight gain. You're on target and you always lose it so quickly! It'll melt right off with breastfeeding and keeping track of three others. :)

Hope you have a great night away. I think the problem is that we have not gotten away enough for me to feel that I even miss my kids. I'm always happy to see them, but glad to have a break too.

Madeline said...

You look beautiful! I was so upset while I was pregnant with Sophia because of all the weight I gained. Now I look back at the pictures and see how pretty I really looked...wish I could of enjoyed it then.
Hope y'all had a great date! Good luck with the renovations.

Anonymous said...

like madeline said, you do look beautiful. btw, i love the prego shirt, where did you get it? your hair is getting so long! reminds me of when you were 15 and had spent the summer in colorado and came back all skinny and wearing a spaghetti strapped shirt (in the halls of binimea, gasp!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...