Aug 1, 2012

It's August...and I'm Well

It was a great first day of August - I feel like I started the month of right, made some headway into my goals. I finally got down to the school office and filed the paperwork to begin homeschooling Trin. She was stoked because they gave her free skittles which she ate (sucked on slowly and dramatically and then mixed them with water....) on our way to her first play date.
I'm please to say that she FINALLY found a couple of girls to interact with which did this little mama's heart MUCH good. I'm so thankful that she has brothers and that she isn't alone all day long, at the same time...she has brothers and all that that implies (and more.) We had a great time picnicking and enjoying eachother's company, and meeting some new people. I found the park all by myself...didn't get lost once on the way there. The way back was a slightly different story...it took me 40 extra minutes, I pulled over twice...turned around at least 5 times....asked a person on the side of the road to help and was STILL lost. After a rather anxious call to my hubby...he directed my back home safe and sound. I would literally be lost without him (hahaha.)
Since moving here my thoughts on Colorado have changed dramatically from my utopia image that use to be in my head. It's like every other place on earth....you can find breathtaking views, gorgeous serene nature filled places, friendly faces and granola loving mothers with their babies strapped to them...and then there are ugly places, unsafe places...rude people and LOTS of honking cars, cocoa puff mothers and daycare babies - it has some of everything. It's real.
So, I guess since I'm pretty real me and Colorado will get along. We finally have our Colorado license plates so we are very much *official* residents. Strange how something so simple, a piece of metal stamped with some letters and numbers....can seem so final and so life changing.
I think though that we are getting into the groove...I think August will bring some normalcy and some routine with school starting and Zac's schedule being all laid out for him this month. I love having my calender all highlighted and words written in all the boxes and things crossed off so that I can feel productive.
This month HOPEFULLY will bring Brady a good beginning at school. I will be making my herbal tinctures to have them ready for the fall (homemade cough syrup and my Children's Composition), I would also like to paint a couple more picture and continue continue continue to practice and to learn. I'll be starting *school* with Trin and I also have high hopes of this being a month of starting friendships with other mothers. I'm going to begin reading The Shack and I also have some new vegetarian cookbooks (free kindle uploads) that I'll be sorting through and hopefully trying some new food. Another goal is to visit the farmer's market once a week - it was so very enjoyable last Sunday.
I think all is well right now....not perfect - but well, in my soul. I feel a deep peace and I know that God is watching over me and mine and that He loves us with infinite love, He has forever reaching grace and always open arms - and for now I feel well.
The Cloud
Percy Bysshe Shelley
I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers,
From the seas and the streams;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
In their noonday dreams.
From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
The sweet buds every one,
When rocked to rest on their mother's breast,
As she dances about the sun.
I wield the flail of the lashing hail,
And whiten the green plains under,
And then again I dissolve it in rain,
And laugh as I pass in thunder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your last comment about "God watching over me and mine... with infinite love." Needed to hear that this morning. Your blog is such a blessing to me, Allys.

-Erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...