Feb 15, 2009

Puerto Vallarta Day 1

Zac and I spent the night with Robin in Atlanta...so good to see her and she cooked a lovely chicken rice dinner for us. We found out the best parking secret in Atlanta...Park and Go...20 something dollars for the 4 days we were gone and they shuttled us directly to our gate AND were exactly where they needed to be on our way back. The top picture is taken from the plane as we were flying over the Sierra Madres mountains....I didn't realize that I had actually been missing Mexico all these years until the familiars sites started popping up everywhere.
However, the rest of the trip wasn't really "familiar sites" and longer seeing how I have never in my life stayed in such an upscale place. Let's just say that I now understand how come people scream when the win the Prize Puzzle on Wheel of Fortune. A stay at a good resort is a treasure indeed. The resort had a private taxi waiting to pick us up as soon as we landed. The cab driver was the sweetest old Latin man I have ever seen....and he smelled so good. You know how they kind of like to douse themselves in cologne? Well, he chose the right fragrance. When we arrived at our resort we were greeted with tall glass of white whine and moist washcloths that had also been soaked in some fragrance that was awesome and refreshing....I think the same scent as the hibiscus flowers that were everywhere.
Before going to our room we visited one of the 6 restaurants that they had there on the resort...this one was the Seaside Grill. Delicious and all inclusive. Meaning...if I wanted to try 3 entrees that day...the little waiter guy would just say " sure....whatever I can get for you just let me know." It was so wonderful feeling like royalty, I definitely could get use to it. The service at the resort was just amazing to me...everyone was so friendly and every part of everything was a beautiful presentation.



We were then shown to our room...lovely once again. I LOVE tile floors, they feel so clean to me compared to carpet. Cold maybe...but that's what the complimentary white fluffy slippers and terry cloth robes were for. :)



Here's a picture of the bathroom....love the sink.




Here is the view from our room on the left....





And the view from the right. We were on the 16th floor...I think everyone else in our party was on the 18th and 20th. Oh my goodness, it was so calming to open the glass sliding doors and just lay on our clean white duvets with the sound of waves crashing on rocks as a background lullaby. I seriously think that if I COULD picture heaven....this place was it.













Later we went down to the beach and found a little cabana to lay under...me in the shade, Zac in the sun. :) I loved the fact that you didn't have to bring your own towels because they always had fresh sea blue beach towels waiting for you. There were about 5 bars located at various spots on the beach so you could order any drink imaginable and someone would deliver it to you in know time. Later Ben and Amanda showed up and then I stopped taking pictures this day because of just not being alone and forgetting. :) We met all of their friends...great people...and had dinner at one of the other restaurants. More pictures to come....








2 comments:

kate said...

oh my word!!!! heavenly indeed! i can't WAIT for more pictures! i'm living this adventure vicariously through you so i can't wait for you to post the next part of it!
are you glad to be back or sad to be missing the luxury? i would think a combination of both.
tell more!!

MOM said...

Yes, your dad and I love PV -like you said, a little piece of heaven! I am so glad you got to go and that you had such a wonderful time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...