Jun 10, 2010

VBS + Projects = Craziness

Zac has been working constantly the last few days trying to make my dreams come true....Mr. Sweetness. We moved Trin and Brady in together a couple of weeks ago and after much measuring...there was NO way a standard size bunk bed was going to fit in their room. We looked around and even the loft style were too long....so, Zac took all of his creativity and a picture from a magazine and got to work....
My little project wasn't as adventurous...but I got to work too making this little book sling. I think it turned out cute and Koala LOVES having his own gym equipment to pull up one.


I CAN NOT believe that Zac created this little masterpiece just right out of his head....I think he's been holding out on me just a bit the last 7 years....The kids LOVE it!

They've already started using it as their "tower" and they become Prince and princess at least twice a day...doesn't it fit just perfectly in this little nook? Zac didn't make it as long as the nook so that we could put a ladder on the end instead of the side.



Here's the little duvet I made for Trin...it fastens at the top with a chocolate brown ribbon and buttons....she loves to sleep under her mama's love. :)




And the other side of the room...coming together - I just need to find two white shadow box frames for under that shelf and it will be complete. I love having a little reading corner for them complete with my Aunt Inez' little rocker...







And...behold the owl decal. I'm in LOVE with forest critters...and this little mama and baby make me smile every time I see them. :) The kitchen is soon to come - I'm off to get groceries while the kids nap and zac installs our kitchen sink. We've had VBS all week long and the kids have enjoyed it but by Thursday....they're dead tired and things are crazy. I have NO food in the house and right now NO kitchen...guess I'll be buying sandwich stuff for tonight!




5 comments:

kate fried said...

wow - great job, that brother of mine did!! impressive! tell him i'm super proud of him... and you know, if he built that bunkbed set, it would be simple for him to build white shadow box frames for you! and cheap!
wish i could see the new rooms in person :-(
love you!

Lesley said...

your house is one of the cutest things... it has so much charm and coziness. i love the new additions! wish we were closer so i could come see them of real

Rockin' Robin said...

love, Love, LOVE it!

Havala said...

The bunkbed is adorable! I love the way your little book shelf/bag turned out. So cute Alyssa.

Toplovs said...

Trin's duvet cover is darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...