Aug 30, 2011

Today I'm Thankful For....

..."fall like" mornings on the porch swing.
... a husband that loves me more than himself
... holding a baby and him being so still I think he's asleep, and then I look down to find two big blue eyes staring at me



... a fridge full of healthy food despite my limited budget. (I found that the secret to shopping at Costco is to eat the SAME thing all week...in different variations. They have tons of organic foods that are cheaper than the Great Value brand at Walmart.)Oh...and don't mind that hot fudge sauce on the top shelf...









... for my new rain boots from my grandmother. I've always wanted a pair - now I have some!





...for a little girl that wants to be a mommy and carries her little "zenna" doll (Jenna) around with her everywhere. Sometimes I go into trin's room to find her sound machine on and the curtains drawn...and then I look over to find Jenna taking a "nap" on the bed.










... for two rose bushes that actually decided to GROW in our yard. I can't even remember how many plants I've bought and planted, watered and weeded...just to have them die in our clay soil.













... for my life and my home. I'm thankful that we have a roof over our head, a working toilet, air conditioning - and a leather couch. :)














... for a little baby that changes everyday.


... for a johnny jump up that sometimes gives me arms a break from carrying around this 15 lb baby.


... for a little Brayden that teaches me about love and grace.




I'm thankful for passages of Scripture that reach up and grab me, pull me into their truths and I know that God is speaking to ME. Remember how I was feeling "forgotten"? Yesterday I had a moment to myself, and I took advantage of it by opening my Bible. I didn't know where to read since I'm not on any type of a "plan" right now (and don't want to be for the moment....remember I'm an all or nothing type person.) i opened up to Isaiah chapter 49.




14) Yet Jerusalem says, "The Lord has deserted us; the Lord has forgotten us."


15 ) "Never!" Can a mother forget her nursing child?


Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?


But even if that were possible, I would not forget you.


16 a ) See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.




I know those words were written for me...today I feel thankful.














2 comments:

Leat said...

Love the pics you post of your precious family!

Madeline said...

Great list of gratitude! And, that scripture is a wonderful one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...